If you're experiencing a Litter-Robot with a free or loose spinning gear, and no globe movement, it sounds like the set screw has come loose. Below are the instructions to tighten the set screw. You will need a 3mm allen, hex, wrench. A picture is attached for your reference.
1. Turn off the unit and unplug the power cord. Remove the
globe (and bonnet where applicable) and locate the black
2. Locate the shaft attached to the gear, this is where the set screw is located. If you can see the screw, skip to step 5.
3. Turn on the power and watch for the flat side to rotate into the position that enables you access to the set screw. The flat side of the shaft will be facing you.
LR3 USERS: If you own an LR3 (Open Air) the flat of the shaft may be difficult to see. You will also need to place the bonnet back on the base without the globe to engage the motor.
4. Once aligned, turn off the power and unplug the unit.
5. Using a 3 mm hex wrench, tighten the set screw by turning it to the right.
6. Attempt to move the gear with your fingers to assess if the screw is tightened enough. If the gear still moves, repeat step 5.
7. Place the globe (and bonnet where applicable) back on the base, turn the power on, and press the cycle button. If the unit completes the cycle and returns to home with a green light, your problem should be solved.
If the above steps did not solve your problem, please explain what light patterns,noises, or behaviors you experience.